Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekend Recap

BEC is less than a month away now and I still feel like I have plenty of studying to do. However, since I took the ENTIRE Labor Day weekend off, you may assume that I am not stressed out about this.

Wrong. I am.

We went out of town for Labor Day, and I knew that there was no way I was going to have time getting any quality studying in, so I decided to quit joking with myself and decided to leave the books at home. I didn't miss them...

But now Labor Day is over and BEC is looming over my head again. It's a stressful time to be studying. We are moving in 2 weeks, closing on a house at the end of the month, and my husband is running a marathon the day after my BEC exam. We are tag-teaming the kids so he can find time to run and I can find time to study. Sleep is sort of a joke. I can usually have both of my kids asleep by 8:00. Between 8:00 and the time I go to bed I need to get some quality studying and some quality packing done. Easier said than done. My morning begin at 5:15, so by 8:00 I'm already quite worn out. Pulling out the BEC books is a chore, but I have to push it this month.

You know its bad when you make a pot of coffee at 5:00 pm just to get through the evening!

My goal this week is to drop the kids off at home (I do daycare pickup) and then immediately head out to study two days this week. I'll be home by 7:30-8:00 so that I can help get them into bed and then work on packing. The other days I'll just study after the kids are in bed and have my husband pack at night. I won't see the kids as much as I would like, but I rationalize this by knowing if I don't pass this thing, and have to take it again that will be more time away from them. Get er done.

My motto this month is "this too shall pass." We have terrible timing, my husband and I, right before Audit I was interviewing and accepting a new job, family was moving to Australia, it was my birthday, and a family wedding. Now...buying a house, moving, new daycare, picking out paint colors, buying a washer and dryer...ugh.

Be back later this week to let you know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment