Monday, September 12, 2011

9/5 Week Recap

Study recap- so not as good as hoped (is it ever?), but overall not terrible. I managed to get a few hours in nearly every day. Some days the study juices just flow. Other days, I keep asking myself if it is worth my time since I don’t seem to be retaining anything. It’s very frustrating! The hardest thing for me about the CPA exam is that realistically, you’ll never know EVERYTHING in the book. It’s just pretty impossible. My goal is to know about ¾ of it (haha), But seriously, it’s tough to know what to study thoroughly and what not to study thoroughly. There is just SO MUCH information.

We have been packing like crazy people, since we are moving out of our house this Saturday. It doesn’t help with the ‘motivation to study’ but it is what it is. Hopefully I’ll be able to log some later nights this week and next week. Once the packing gets done we’ll hopefully be able to relax a bit and I can take some time to study, without feeling like I am being pulled in 500 directions. I think the best thing that worked for me is picking up the kids from daycare, coming home, eating with the family, spending some time with the kids and then heading out to study right around their bedtime, having my husband put them to bed. That way, I can study for a couple of hours and still get home and in bed without it being so late. I get so distracted studying at home. When I go out I leave the computer at home so there aren’t any temptations for checking email or Facebook.

I am also thinking about re-watching some of the lectures. I think now that I have studied the material more, if I watch the lectures again it might all make more sense to me. It’s 3-4 hours per module though, so hard to fit it in one night unless I stay up until midnight, which I might just have to do…

Here’s to coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment