Saturday, September 24, 2011

one week until exam day!

So we are down to 1 week until exam day. I hope to get a decent amount done this weekend. Saturday, my husband who normally works, has the day off. I am planning on going out in the morning and studying for a few hours. Then on Sunday, my mom and dad are coming into town to pick up the kids and take them off of my hands for the week while we close on the house and move. I think they’ll be in town mid-morning so I’ll have the opportunity to spend the afternoon studying. My husband is actually working Sunday, so once he’s off work at 3:00, we’ll do the final walk-through on the house and then maybe I can study some more that evening. It’s amazing the amount of free-study time you get without kids!



I was feeling confident in BEC at the beginning of the week, but as the week went on, I am feeling less and less confident and more and more freaked out. I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t put in as many hours as I have wanted to (maybe 2 per day), or if it’s because exam day is getting closer, which always invites a few nerves into my life, but I am certainly starting to get scared. Having passed one already is also tough, because now I have more pressure to pass the others. Some days I feel like I am nailing those MCQ’s. Other days, not so much. I just want it over with!



We close/move on Monday so I won’t be studying then. Also, this next week at work will be getting busier as we ramp up for month end the first week of October. It should be okay, just busy. Plus we will be trying to get a good chunk of the new house painted before the kids come back from my parent’s house, so that adds to the business, but we want their rooms to be as done as possible and certainly have their beds set up! I will really have to plan my time wisely and stick to a time schedule so that I can get some study time in and some work time in. I can’t leave it all on my husband! (which reminds me that I will probably have to tell him about my plans so I don’t get the “you’re going out to study again?” look).



I also feel like I am getting a cold, so I am hoping that this will stay away until after the exam!



On the agenda is to work on the written communications (since I have yet to do ANY), and then keep doing MCQ’s. Right now I think I am fairly strong with the formulas, but weaker with the theory type questions. Specifically with IT. I’ve been told that some BEC exams are weighted heavily with IT questions and some are weighted heavily with Cost Accounting type questions. I don’t like Cost accounting, but at this point I’d rather see those questions on the exam as opposed to the IT questions!



Happy Studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment