Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Less than a week until BEC

Don’t buy a house the week before sitting for a section of the CPA Exam.



Trust me on this one, it’s a bad idea.



So, we’ve moved, we are in our new place, we have no fridge, no furniture set up, and until this morning, no running water. I have been so distracted that I either A) haven’t even bothered to open up my BEC book, or B) Have opened up the book, only to find I can’t concentrate on a darn thing, so I close it again. We have 3000 square feet of painting to do (enameling the trim and painting the walls), which is a major process and I have to study.



I was reminded this morning at work, that it would be better to just try to push it and cram, cram, cram so that I hopefully don’t have to re-take this section. Probably good advice, since my mentality was along the lines of “screw it.” I have been doing so poorly on the multiple choice questions that I almost decided in my head that there was no way I was learning this stuff in a week, so I might as well take it and see what happens, expecting the worse of course.



And while I am definitely not as prepared as I would like, not even close, I decided that I still need to give it my best shot. The one thing I don’t want, is to walk out of the exam thinking that another hour or two may have made a difference. I am stressed about it and have no desire to study but I guess that doesn’t matter. I am going to study and I am going to push through this. If I don’t pass, at least I know that I gave it my best shot based on my current crazy situation.



One of my favorite quotes:



“Ability is what you are capable of doing.

Motivation determines what you do.

Attitude determines how well you do it.”



Happy Studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment