Saturday, September 17, 2011

Study Update- 2 weeks to go!

This is the point in my studying where I just want to take the exam and get a break already! I’m at the point where I (hopefully) have a decent understanding of things, I’m thinking about the imminent exam constantly, wondering if I studied enough, counting down the days, trying to watch lectures one more time, re-read sections that still have me stumped, and drill formulas that for some reason I just CANNOT remember.



Ahh, the sweet life of a CPA Exam taker. Gotta love it.



What I don’t love, is the fact that

1) My computer is having connectivity issues, and has currently taken up residence at the Genius Bar at our local Apple Store (what would I do without you guys)?

2) We are moving this weekend

3) My to do list includes about 100 items (rent moving truck, get hotel room for 1 homeless night, file change of address with post office, cancel Netflix DVD’s due to changing prices, change address with bank, call title company, change address with work, call mortgage lender, remind husband to print off paystubs, get insurance binder, pay insurance premium, pick out paint colors, pack, eat, breath…).

4) Nothing on my to do list says anything about studying for the exam.



I think at this point, I have decided that I am just going to do my best in regards to studying. I’ve put in a decent amount of time, and thankfully, because we are mid month at work, things are pretty slow, and I have been able to do about 2 hours of studying a day here (1 hour at lunch and 1 hour throughout the day). I strategically scheduled my exam this way. Month end close is the week after my exam. There is only so much a person can do you know? I am not taking this lightly at all, I however, am just feeling like as long as I keep my head above water, I won’t drown. Hopefully.



So this past week went okay. Down to drilling those MC questions now. I don’t have an exact number in my head, but I am guessing I am doing about 100 per day. Next on the agenda is practicing those TBS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment